Section 1: Data Collection and Use on the STUBBSGAZETTE website
What information do we collect and why?
This policy applies to all information we receive from you, whether you are registering on our website or ordering any of our products. During the course of your use of this website, STUBBSGAZETTE will collect two types of information:
- Aggregated Information: This website automatically gathers certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors. This information is only used in the aggregate and individuals cannot be identified from it. This aggregated information helps us to measure how individuals use the website and our services, so that we can continually improve them.
- Personal Information STUBBSGAZETTE requires personal information from you, such as name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and credit card data in order for us to perform the services offered by the site and to fulfil your requests. Some of this information is voluntary; the compulsory fields are clearly identified whenever you are asked to supply information. On occasions, STUBBSGAZETTE may also collect additional information from you on a voluntary basis.
This personal information may be used in a number of ways:
- Identifying potential new customers and subscribers
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
- As part of the account opening process for new customers, to verify your identity
- We will also use the information for making a credit check on you and may share it with third parties to protect ourselves against fraud. We willcarry out a search on the STUBBSGAZETTE Credit Bureau. We will use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application
- Providing you with the service that you have requested
- We may from time to time send promotional e-mails to you with information about our products and services. If you would like to receive such information please click on the â€œI agreeâ€ button. We may also contact you via post, e-mail or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to provide a service you have requested.
- We reserve the right to sell the database related to this website (including personal data relating to you) to a third party if we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business.
STUBBSGAZETTE will retain the information for as long as it is reasonably considers necessary for the purposes listed above. Once we have processed your transaction, we will only retain your full credit card data if you have asked STUBBSGAZETTE to do this, to make it easier for you to use the site for repeat purchases.
To enable you to sign in and personalise your online experience STUBBSGAZETTE uses "cookies". A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Section2: STUBBSGAZETTE's approach to privacy and data protection
STUBBSGAZETTE's EU Privacy Principles
- We obtain personal information that is needed to provide our goods and services. When STUBBSGAZETTE collects information directly from individuals, we obtain the personal information that is needed to provide our goods or services, to provide customer service and to fulfil any legal or regulatory requirements. We also obtain personal information as a result of individual's financial transactions with STUBBSGAZETTE or with STUBBSGAZETTE business customers. When we obtain information about individuals from third parties, we use reputable sources, including public repositories. STUBBSGAZETTE employs appropriate measures to assure the quality of information which we collect.
- We will inform individuals about the general uses of their information. When we have a direct relationship with individuals, we will strive to make information available to them about the general uses of the information that we collect. This information is made available at the point of sale, through privacy notices on our websites, in other formats that are publicly available or through other means specified by applicable EU legislation and laws.
- We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal consumer information. Within STUBBSGAZETTE, access to personal information is limited to those employees of STUBBSGAZETTE and its affiliates who need it to fulfil their business responsibilities. Vendors and other outside contractors we engage are subject to contractual requirements to ensure personal information is safeguarded. We will disclose personal information in response to a lawful request issued by a court, government agency or regulatory authority with jurisdiction to make that request.
- We strive to give individuals choices about how their data will be used. When we obtain personal information as part of our direct relationship with individuals, we will not share this information with non-affiliated third parties except in accordance with these Privacy Principles.
- We respect individual's rights in relation to direct marketing. Where STUBBSGAZETTE engages in any form of direct communication with individuals for the purpose of marketing of STUBBSGAZETTE's products or services, we will ensure that procedures are in place to stop the direct marketing at the individual's request. All electronic communications will comply with legislation governing unsolicited communications; where required, STUBBSGAZETTE will obtain consent before sending direct marketing material.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
STUBBSGAZETTE is committed to implementing the highest standards of information security to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized STUBBSGAZETTE employees. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the other central features of our information security programme are:
- A dedicated group â€“ the Information Security Department â€“ that designs, implements, and provides oversight to our information security programme;
- The use of specialised technology such as firewalls;
- Testing of the security and operability of products and services before they are introduced to the Internet, as well as on-going scanning for publicly-known vulnerabilities in the technology;
- Internal and external reviews of our Internet sites and services;
- Monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions;
- Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorize access to various systems or sites;
- Protecting non-public communications through encryption or other means; and
We hold ourselves accountable under our Privacy Principles
A senior STUBBSGAZETTE official (the EU Data Compliance Officer) serves as the company-wide privacy officer, with responsibility for administering the STUBBSGAZETTE privacy programme, including implementation of these Privacy Principles and for ensuring that STUBBSGAZETTE complies with applicable EU laws and regulations concerning the collection, use and storage of personal information.
The EU Data Compliance Officer, working closely with individual subsidiaries, is responsible for:
- Overseeing employee privacy training and employee compliance programmes related to this Online Privacy Statement
- Conducting periodic assessments of STUBBSGAZETTE's compliance with this Online Privacy Statement, as well as specific implementation of policies and procedures
- Ensuring that STUBBSGAZETTE actively participates in appropriate privacy activities and regularly reviews its privacy practices and policies.
STUBBSGAZETTE's Privacy Principles guide us in the collection and use of information and reinforce the role our employees play in protecting individual privacy.
Privacy Questions and Access
Before STUBBSGAZETTE is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe.
All complaints or concerns and appropriate resolution relating to the practices of handling personal information will be logged. Any complaints should be made to the EU Data Compliance Officer at the email address given above.
The operator of this website is:
The Priory, Stillorgan Road, Blackrock
STUBBSGAZETTE does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any of the data and/or programs ("Information") available at this STUBBSGAZETTE Site. The Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
In no event will STUBBSGAZETTE or its affiliates be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages for any use of or reliance upon the Information found at this Web Site, or on any other linked web site, including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data, even if STUBBSGAZETTE is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
You will be responsible for the content of any material you enter on the STUBBSGAZETTE Site. STUBBSGAZETTE has no responsibility for the content of any messages or information posted by users, or for the content of information of third parties on the Internet, even if accessed through the STUBBSGAZETTE Site. However, STUBBSGAZETTE retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material that STUBBSGAZETTE deems to be illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
STUBBSGAZETTE, the STUBBSGAZETTE logo and the STUBBSGAZETTE products referenced in a STUBBSGAZETTE Site are either trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property of STUBBSGAZETTE or its affiliates ("STUBBSGAZETTE IP"). Other products and company names mentioned in a STUBBSGAZETTE Site may be the intellectual property of their respective owners. You may not use any STUBBSGAZETTE IP without the consent of STUBBSGAZETTE. You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any STUBBSGAZETTE IP, including the images found at this STUBBSGAZETTE Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without STUBBSGAZETTE's consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any STUBBSGAZETTE IP or the intellectual property of any third party.
You may not robotically or otherwise automatically harvest information from a STUBBSGAZETTE Site.
No part of the STUBBSGAZETTE Site may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of STUBBSGAZETTE.